Thursday 16 September 2010

My Final Proposal

For my final music video, i have decided to go with the song choice' 1000 Miles' by Vanesse Carlton. I chose this song out of the 3 because i think that this is the best song out of the 3 and i can really mak a story out of the song using the video. I also chose this over ' I Try' and ' Show me Love' becasuse '1000 Miles' is of a steady pace, it is not too fast or it is not too slow. I think i will be able to get a strong video out of this song. Below is the link to the original
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwkej79U3ek
For my video i have had some ideas on what i would like to do.
Locations:
I have thought of some of the locations i would like to use such as a park, a town centre, a house and other places. I have thought of the camera angles that i want to used. I think to make my video different from the real version, most of my video will be shot inside a house.
I wanted to use the theme of the actor singing and walking through different places but the original video already does that, so i am going to have to change my idea. I still would like to use this idea but in my video it will not be throughout the video, i would have the walking bits scattered in the video not all together. Other scenes i would use maybe have the actor sitting in the park, woodland, a shop etc. I could also use a car in the video as a setting to represent the 1000 miles.

Effects:
During the walking scenes, the parts that are together, i want it to look like the actor is jumping from one scene striaght into another. I would like to use special effects, i want to use Black and white scenes not just colourful. I would try to use a edit technique when the screen looks like a puzzle piece. So while the actor is singing, the screen will have different scenes being put together to the main scene. I think this will attract peoples attention and i hope that it will stand out in the video. In some stage of the video i would like to use a flashback, to reminsce some of the 1000 miles so i think i will use this at the end of the video. I would like to use different effects and would like to think the video would look professionally made.

Camera Angles:
I aim to use a range of shots like Long shot, Close-up, Medium Close-Up. In the chrous there is a line about falling into the sky, during this bit of the song in the video i aim to use an aerial shot. During the video, i want to use a an edit where you can speed up time or slow time down. I think this will be effective and it means i can cut to diffeent scenes quite quickly. I tend to have the story flwoing throughout the video. I will start off the video by using a close up and using a direct mode of address shot. The main camera angles i intend to use are mostly close-ups.

Costume and Performers:
For the costumes, i would want the performers to be dressed casually in jeans and a t-shirt. I wouldn't want the performers to look over dressed as it won't fit in with the song. As my song is only sung by one person, i would only need one main performer. I would use other performers maybe when walking down the street but otherwise i would only need to really use one person for the main singing part during the video.


Videos that have influenced me:
Before thinking of my video, i had to look at other videos and adverts that would influence me on making my own video. I looked at a advert which was made by 'Right Move'. This advert influenced me because they have got the editing technique that i would like to use where the acotr jumps scene quickly. This video really gave me a help of how i wanted my video to appear like when people watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYxlc0kUiY.

Music Videos that have Influenced me :
I also looked at the music video ' I Try' by Macy Grey. I looked at this video to give me an idea because th songs are similar in there own little ways, by looking at Macy Grey, i could use some ideas from there to put in my own video. Some other music videos i have looked at are: Impossible by Shontelle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsTk2xp0nvY
This is the link ofr Macy Grey- I Try

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWdrO4BoCu8&ob=av2e
This is the link ofor Shontelle- Impossible
This is the link for Bruno Mars- Just the way you are. This video infulenced me becasue i like the animation effect that he has used at the start of his video and i am hoping to use this in my video.

No comments:

Post a Comment