Tuesday 12 October 2010

Bruno Mars ' Just the way You are' Music Analysis
















The picture you see on the left is my music analysis. I had to analyze a music video of my choice and i had to comment on a variety of different things such as The lyrics of the song, was it a narrative song?, was there any intertextual reference, what effects were used, what types of camera shots were used, what did the costumes do to show the image of the singer. I chose to analyze Bruno Mars's song 'Just the way you are' because it has a similar beat to my song, it uses the same instrument and by analyzing this video, it helped me think of what i could put in my video. I took screen shots of the video on YouTube to give me some evidence of what i found in the video. For example the picture you see in the middle of the page which is the drum is an example of an effect that is used in the video. At the time of the music, a drum is playing in the background and the drum is animated to look like he is actually playing the drum and it really makes the video look quite effective. It is a good idea to analyze another music video because by looking at another video, you ca really understand what makes a music video, what to do and what not to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment